Thursday 25 April 2013

Roku, Crunchyroll, and Free Drama's!

I'm going to report on a few things that I've found out and haven't found anywhere on the net.
Anyone with a Crunchyroll account and a Roku box can log into their account- providing they are at least paying for an anime subscription  can then access the drama section and watch non premium only shows (which on the american side is most of them) WITHOUT any adverts.

But there are no drama worth watching on the english Crunchyroll - I hear you cry- Akumu-chan aside- you would be correct. This is where Unlock Us comes in, for £3.50 a month you can use hulu, netflix (9/10 different area content), crackle and many many more websites.
Crunchyroll isn't on their official list, anywhere, but rest assured it works. Your best bet, buy a decent router that you can change the DNS server on and it will correct all applicable sites on all devices in your house.

Last point of tech for today-

I just bought a Netgear router WND4500 (N900) and had a few hiccups. I found one roku forum page that says roku 2 works with the N900 router so I gave in and bought it. Beautiful router, but when it came to using netflix, hulu, crunchyroll, etc, after initial setup, it just wouldn't work. Roku was down despite showing an excellent connection rating, ps3 apps were down and I sat there softly weeping into my elbows. Then I tried to log into Netflix on my PC and it sent me to the Unlock Us website, turns out as I changed device my ip reset and all devices were trying to run through the dns server and couldn't.

So me dumb dumb.

I'm passing on these words of wisdom for anyone who sits there relentlessly trying to research any of these topics.

p.s I used to use playmo.tv as it allows you to use it at 2 different houses but crunchyroll isn't included on it for a reason they won't explain

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you try this trickbyte.com it give you some set up on diff. gadget and payable for only $2.99/month movies, music videos, all you you can watch it there, try before it out of order, you can also watch in local and international program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's even cheaper than playmo.tv thank you. The only difference is that with playmo me and my partner can use the same account from different houses and other services limit you from doing that. Will keep an eye on them though. Playmo seems to cause a lot of issues with streaming crunchyroll.

      Delete