Friday 4 April 2014

Back Stage Pass! Looks Japanese, Feels Japanese but Isn't!


I was browsing steam Greenlight last night and notices a visual novel had been lit for release. I was surprised and happy considering the vitriol VN's seem to churn up in the Steam community. I rolled around thinking "I'll wait, I'll buy it later when it's out" that didn't last very long as I bought it this morning for £24 and in return you get a beta demo of the game. They call it a beta but to be honest right now it could feel like the full game as I sat there reading for what felt like hours and I still haven't reached the end of what is available.
The people that are making this game are called Sakevisual and you will have seen their work before such as Ripples and Re:Alistair++ both free titles you can get from their website.
The first thing you will notice is that their art work has had a complete upgrade with Back stage Pass. Whoever they have doing the art is fantastic and has provided CG's such as this one below:


This is Matthew and he is one of your love interests. Sign me up. Worth every penny of the £24 and this is just the demo. This isn't a review of the demo, which is in fact very nice and feels quite late in the beta process but I would urge you to go give them a try. Later on you will receive steam codes if, like me, you prefer that kind of thing. I don't know if they will be adding voices or how different the end product will be but this is the first time I've played a western game that felt just like visual novels should. Everything is spot on and I think you'll love it too.

Backstage Pass:
A game about a girl who has just gone to college with her child hood friend pop star and needs to make money because her father has had an accident and this is America. Naturally she meets four hot guys that will help her in various ways but you need to raise your stats to make them love you. 

Please visit the Backstage Pass site for more information
and add them on facebook

I am not hired by them, just really enthusiastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment